Listen to the Podcast:
Subscribe to the Y Travel Podcast and LEAVE A REVIEW
In this episode, we share our favorite area in Australia: Broome & The Kimberley region in Western Australia.
It’s unspoiled wilderness in an area that is three times the size of the UK. That means endless gorges, waterfalls, and off the beaten path adventures await with little people to crowd your space.
And let us tell you about those beaches, colors and sunsets!! The best colors in the world live here!
We also share about our life for 5 months working on Kuri Bay Pearl Farm, which was once the largest provider of South Sea Pearls in the world!
SHOW NOTES: RESOURCE LINKS
- Welcome to Kuri Bay Pearl Farm
- 14 Best Australian road trips
- A Thrilling adventure to the Horizontal Falls, The Kimberley, WA
- Don’t miss the magnificent sunsets at Gantheaume Point, Broome
- 28 Top Things to do in Broome Western Australia to Excite and Delight
- Finding My Happy Place in Broome, Western Australia
- Best winter holiday destinations in Australia (Cold & Hot)
- 20 Ways to Work and Travel in Australia
- 50 Amazing Things to Do in Western Australia
- 21 Best Beaches in Western Australia to Set Foot On
- 28 Places in Australia to See Incredible Sunsets
- 5 Best Towns in Australia (Starting with the letter ‘B’)
- Discovering a new passion and strength through travel
- The Magic of Lake Argyle will stay with you forever
- 12 Natural Wonders of Australia
Recommended tours of the Pearling region
At the moment, there are no tours to Kuri Bay. You never know when they may return. There are other tours you can do to other pearl farms in the Broome area and to learn more about the pearling history.
The colors of Broome
We don’t have a lot of photos during this period. We weren’t travel blogging and just took snaps on a point and shoot camera.
But here is a little glimpse at life in Kuri Bay Pearl Farm
Our travel story podcast episodes
- Episode 1: Solo Travel and Working Abroad before we met
- Episode 2: Our 5 year honeymoon living and traveling the world
- Episode 3: The Dark times and Birth of the girls and travel blog
- Episode 4: Embracing Family Travel and our 18 month Australian road trip
- Episode 5: Getting a green card and traveling the US