This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase. Read Disclosure.
After sharing why we travel with a high speed blender, I had huge requests for the protein nut balls that are a raving family favourite snack.
It’s the stuff that causes arguments.
I have to carefully divide them up and put the girls on two ball rations in their lunch boxes. Otherwise they’d eat 24 of them in a row. (so would I)
They are super delicious, so simple to make, and super healthy. They’ll also give you lots of natural energy and fill you up.
Don’t forget to pin and share the recipe with anyone who’d love some yum in their tum!
Chocolate Nut Protein Balls
- 1 cup pitted medjool nuts
- 1 cup nuts (any mixture. I use almonds, pecans, hazelnuts and macadamias)
- ⅓ cup raw cacao
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tblsp chia seeds
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 mins to soften
- Add nuts, cacao, coconut oil, coconut, and chia to processor and mix
- Add dates and process
- If mixture is too dry add either a tblsp of water or a little coconut oil
- Let mixture set for 10 mins
- Roll into bite size balls.
Try adding goji berries or spirulina.
The kids will love helping you make them!
Want another delicious sugar-free recipe to try? Try this Chocolate Cashew Cream Tart
What else would you add to these chocolate nut protein balls?