This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase. Read Disclosure.
Life is one continual lesson and we should be reflecting on them every day, but a new year does present a good opportunity for energetic shifting.
Let’s take this tick over into a new numerical period of time to start anew. We can’t do that without looking at where we currently stand. There was a river of lessons that brought you to the point where you are now.
What do you know now that you didn’t in 2012? Or what do you know a little more about?
Life lessons of 2013
- Health is always priority. Listen to your body (and your mind).
- Your gut holds all the answers. LISTEN to it and then act (I seem to get harsh lessons on this one each year).
- No one will care about your dreams as much as you do.
- Only work with those who believe in and are passionate about what you are doing.
- Play to your strengths, not your weaknesses.
- You have the power to change any condition of your life you don’t like. Turn inward for answers, listen to the whispered wisdom of the trees, turn to those who have mastered what you need to learn.
- I will no longer lend my ears to people who just want to complain. If you want to work on a solution, then I’m hearing and helping.
- Fear is mostly imagined and it’s giving you the most insane, yet believable excuses as to why you can’t do something. Get rid of fear and you get the dream.
- The Universe is always supporting you.
- Open your five senses to the continual signs speaking and guiding you.
- Trust your instincts (just in case you didn’t understand No 2).
- Releasing your first eBook when you are in Tasmania with crappy internet is not a good idea.
- You deserve happiness and life is not out to get you.
- The crappy outcomes and the good ones are always gifts leading you to the right place. You just don’t get it till later.
- Spend time to look at the crappy outcomes and try to understand the reason behind them. It will help you find peace and develop trust in the river of life.
- Some people just can’t be trusted. Don’t hang around them.
- Focus on authentic relationships. If you don’t like someone just don’t hang around them. Leave the bitching behind. And don’t suck up to people in public who you bitch about in private. (Can’t believe how much I witnessed this in 2013).
- Do it now. There will never be a perfect time.
- Learn from others, yet only take on what feels right for you and your circumstances. What works for others might not be best for you. There is no one right way.
- Marie Forleo kicks some MOFO ass!
- Happiness is a choice. Peace is the ultimate destination.
- And my secret? Never give up on yourself.
What one lesson did you learn in 2013?