Guest Travel Blogging
NOTE: Due to the high number of requests for guest posts, we are no longer accepting any unsolicited guest posts.
If we publish any guest posts it will be from those who we have asked to contribute.
If you wish to increase your chances of having your guest post published on y travel blog, you must follow the below requirements. We receive several requests a day and so will be more willing to respond to those who follow our guidelines.
Very Important: We only accept guest posts from other travel bloggers and travel writers. We do not accept posts from companies looking for link backs and SEO benefits or from freelance writers looking for a place to publish their paid articles for free. Your email will not be answered.
You can advertise with us instead.
What features/articles are we looking to publish on y Travel blog?
The types of stories we like to feature are those that get to the heart of why we travel, and how it can impact the lives of those around us, including ourselves.
We also love any travel stories on interesting destinations or events with great photos.
Some areas of the world that we have not been to yet are:
- Eastern Europe
- North and West Africa
- Central America
- South America
We also love posts focused on:
- Family travel
- Expat living
- Travel tips
- Working holidays
You can read articles from some of our guest bloggers for some ideas. Have a search around our blog before submitting your ideas to be sure that there are not writing on a topic that is already covered- unless you can put your own unique spin on it.
What are our terms, requirements and guidelines? Please Follow
- Guests posts are only accepted from other personal travel bloggers. If we have a previous relationship with you and have interacted with you through our communities, we are more likely to give preference to those guest writers.
- We reserve the right to edit any articles so they blend in well with our travel blog. We will always discuss this with you before publication.
- Original content only, not a copy of something that has been published elsewhere online. If discovered published elsewhere we will take it down.
- Post must have your authentic voice and must be based on your personal experiences.
- While you do not have to be a professional writer to write a guest post, we do expect that your articles are easy to read, and contain good grammar and punctuation. Please edit your work before sending it through.
- Please check with us if you want to link from within the content, and it can only go to a post on your own site.
Guest Post Format
- Posts should be 600-1400 words long.
- We prefer it to be written and formatted in word press and send us a copy of the html code. Otherwise in a plain text pad format.
- Use h2 tags for major headings and h3 for sub headings
- Include a bio with your article with a maximum of two personal links.
- Bold key phrases within the post; it is best that this is no more than 4-5 words and no more than once in a sentence or paragraph.
- Paragraphs should be no bigger than 3 sentences.
- We prefer it if you can include relevant photos that you have permission to include.
- Photos must be no larger than 710 pix wide and must be compressed.
- Do not include your images in a word document.
- It is preferable that you host the images on your own site and tell us the URL (embed it in the html code). If you do this, one image will need to be sent to us so we can feature it in our slider and thumbnail . Choose an image that you think is the most eye catching.
- Please caption your images. I have not had the experience so I do not know what they are showing!
How do I submit a guest blog post?
Due to the high number of requests for guest posts, we are now more selective to include topics that align with our current editorial calendar. We do give preference to writers we have worked with before, but expect to be accepting new writers later this year.
- Contact us with your travel article ideas or any post you have already written. If you are unsure, pitch us three ideas and we can let you know what is the best fit. I can’t give you the ideas as I don’t know what you have done or what angle you are going to take
- Make sure you have read the guidelines above
- In your introductory email, you must include a link to the personal travel blog that will be in your bio. It’s also a good idea to show me some samples of your work.
- We aim to get back to you within a couple of days. Our current waiting time for publishing is around 6-8 weeks.
- Please do not contact us unless you really intend on following through with your guest post. Keep us up-to-date on its progress and when you expect it to be ready. We will not chase you for it.
What you will receive in return for writing for us?
- a ton of appreciation
- a link back to your site. You can put 2 links in your bio which is placed at the end of your article
- a link to your post in our monthly newsletter
- promotion through our social network
- promotion of the work you are doing on your own blog. If we know who you are and we have that common writing bond then we are more likely be watching out for the individual work you are doing. We don’t believe in competition, we believe that in order to get what you want, you must first help others get what they want. We love sharing the love, and are more than happy to help you celebrate your blogs successes.
This is the most important part to having your piece published- getting eyes to read it.
We will promote the post through our social networks and it will be featured in our newsletter.
We expect you to (and this will benefit you)
- Share the post through twitter and on your fan page.
- Stumble your post- It is IMPORTANT when you do this that you REVIEW the post as well. It will be seen by so many more people if you do.
- Reply to all the comments. This puts you out there as an authority figure and someone who values what the community members have to say. It is difficult for us to reply when we have no experience of the subject you have written about.
Once again, thank you for sharing your story. We really do appreciate it.