See below where y travel blog has been featured in the media and on press trips.
- Page 11 on the Sunday Telegraph (Jan 20 2013) a story about our travel blogging lifestyle. Website link here
- Featured three times in the ebook 40 Smart Social Media Status Updates to make Fans Fall in Love with Your company with examples of how we engage our facebook community. Featured along with other massive companies like Google, Starbucks, Seattle’s Best Coffee, Smug Mug, Zappos, Target and more…
- Featured as an interview in the women’s Guide book on Thailand
- Featured in Cleo as a travel expert on plane travel and overcoming Reverse Culture Shock
- Interview in Newcastle Herald on the rise of Mummy bloggers.
- Cover story on That’s Life about our travels around the world (May 2013)
- 702 ABC Sydney: Caz joined the morning travel segment sharing her tips on things to see on Sydney Harbour and family travel, and secret spots of South East Asia
- ABC Tasmania: Caz was interviewed about social media and the T-Qual Tick Race and How to travel bloggers pick their stories
- 7AD Devonport: Talking #yTravelOz in Tasmania with Ben Milbourne
Campaign with Expedia
Here is our video we did to help Expedia promote their Short Breaks Campaign
@MojitoMother you are such an amazing speaker xxx
— Mrsceeeceee (@Mrsceeeceee) September 13, 2013
- Keynote: Food and family travel- Tasting Australia festival in Adelaide -April 2014
- The Step Changers- Problogger Event 20103
- Travel Blogging: Making it Happen - Lady bloggers Online Social Conference, July 2011
- Blogger and Brand/ PR Relationships - Digital Parents Unplugged, Sept 2011
- Achieving Blog Success and Working with Brands - Darren Rowse’s Problogger.net Training Event, Oct 2011
- Australian Travel Writers Conference in Rotorua, New Zealand – for Tourism New Zealand, Oct 2011
- The power of Podcasting- Nuffnang Blogopolis 2012
- Using Social media to build community Problogger 2012
- The ins and outs of Press Trips: Webinar for Travel Blog Success
- How to use Pinterest to build community: webinar for Digital Parents Collective
- Virgin Australia Top 5 Australian Travel Bloggers
- Ranked #1 Top 40 Australian and New Zealand travel bloggers (Jan 14)
- Babble 100 Top Bloggers 2013- featured in the Top Travel Bloggers category (out of 8)
- Ranked #2 on The Top 50 Travel Blogs (Sept 2013)
- Ranked #1 on 50 Top travel bloggers
- Currently ranked #1 on Brendan’s Top 100 Independent travel blogs (Dec, 2012)
- Currently ranked #3 on the Top Travel Blogs based on Google rankings list (May 2013)
- Currently ranked #11 on Nomadic Samuel’s Top 100 Travel Blogs (Nov 2012)
- Currently ranked #14 in the Top 150 travel blogs for Students (Oct 2010)
- Listed as one of the 25 most inspiring travel bloggers for 2010 (Oct 2010)
- Listed as one of the 5 travel bloggers to follow in 2011 (Dec 2010)
- 6 Amazing Travel Bloggers Todds Wanderings
- 40 flightsters you Should know about Flighster
- Listed “30 best blogs for College Backpackers”
- Listed as Number 1 on the Top 10 Must Read Blogs - Aussie on the Road
- 10 travel blogs to watch in 2012 Hotels Combined
- 5 travel pinners to follow on Pinterest Glam Australia
- Best travel vacation pinboards Visiting New England
- 10 travel blogs you must read in 2013 Active Backpacker
- Top 8 travel bloggers of 2012 Lavia Jera Morena
- 8 nomads you should be stalking online Everyday Nomad
- Our favourite blogs for 2013 Getting Stamped
- 10 travel bloggers to watch in 2013 Hotels Combined
- 12 inspiring travel bloggers and instagramers to follow Medibank
- Travel Blogs to read in 2014 by Mapping Megan
- Top Travel Blogs to read in 2014 Divergent Travellers
- 10 travel blogs you shouldn’t take your eyes off in 2014 by A Backpackers Tale
- Top 25 travel blogs 2014 Viator Travel Awards
- Travel bloggers to watch for 2014 on This is my Happiness
- Finalist in the best Family travel Blog for the Destinology Travel Bloggy Awards 2012
- Finalist in the Best Travel Blog for the Nuffnang Asia Pacific Blog Awards 20122
- Finalist Best Australian blog Webloggies 2013
We have partnered with the following companies and tourism boards…
Tourism Australia and the T-Qual Tick Race: 8 day blogger race around Australia promoting the T-Qual Tick brand (see posts here)
Tourism Queensland: 4 day blogger trip to the Whitsundays with Australia’s top bloggers. (see posts here)
Qantas inaugural flight to Dubai to celebrate partnership with Emirates see post here
Discover Tasmania: Go Behind the Scenery campaign See posts here
Thailand Tourism: 10 day family trip to Phuket and Bangkok. See posts here
Canon Australia and Tourism NT- Exploring the Northern Territory (6 days)
In June 2012, Craig spend 6 days in the Northern Territory testing out the new Canon cameras and experiencing the beautiful destination of the Northern Territory. Read all posts here.
Carnival Cruise Lines: 5 day cruise from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas
Read all the posts about our Carnival Spirit cruise to Mexico. We travelled to experience the ship and share with the Australian audience in preparation for its arrival Down Under
P & O Pacific Dawn 7 day cruise from Brisbane to Vanuatu
We travelled as a family onboard the Princess Dawn for 7 days to experience the ship and the beautiful Pacific Islands. Read all posts about the Pacific Dawn
Qantas Airlines – The Great Crusade Campaign (16 days)
In September 2011, Craig traveled around New Zealand for two weeks representing yTravel Blog as one of the official Qantas Airways blogging correspondents for their Great Crusade campaign, an Ultimate Supporters Tour of the Qantas Wallabies in the Rugby World Cup.
Craig highlighted New Zealand as a travel destination as well as the experience of following the Rugby World Cup .
To read all articles written about the Great Crusade campaign click here.
References from the Great Crusade campaign:
“During his 16 days in New Zealand on the Great Crusade, Craig worked with Caz to publish 14 blog posts, which attracted 333 comments from their readers. They also utilized their social networks by posting 192 tweets and 42 facebook status updates all relating to the campaign. This was by far the highest engagement generated by any of the 6 bloggers who came on tour.
Qantas and Ogilvy were very impressed and appreciative of the hard work, commitment and passion both Caz and Craig showed for The Great Crusade over the past six months, and would thoroughly recommend them as ambassadors for other events and campaigns in the future.”
- Mitch Phillips, Ogilvy 360 Digital Influence | Sydney
“Early in 2011 Qantas identified and approached yTravel Blog (Caz and Craig) as a good fit to experience and promote “The Great Crusade”, a Qantas Wallabies leverage campaign leading up to the Rugby World Cup. During and after the pre-launch in April, Caz and Craig’s social media and blogging activity were fantastic. They understood both objectives that Qantas were trying to achieve, and we and Ogilvy (our digital and social advertising agency) were so impressed by their efforts that we invited Craig to join the Great Crusade for 16 days in New Zealand.
Overall we were impressed with the coverage, commitment, and passion for the Qantas brand that Craig and Caz showed. This was the first integrated campaign that Qantas had proactively engaged with bloggers. Craig and Caz were a fantastic example of how this strategy and approach can deliver impressive results for an iconic brand. They have been fantastic advocates of the Qantas brand and that is something we are extremely grateful to them for. We hope to continue a close relationship with them in the future”.
- Rachael Butler, Qantas Airways Digital and Social Marketing Manager
Tourism New Zealand (4 days)
In October 2011 we were invited as Guests of Tourism New Zealand to speak at the Australian Travel Writers Convention in Rotorua about blogging and social media. We also participated in a 5 day famil in Rotorua and Auckland.
Destination NSW: Experience Sydney and Australian Open of Surf (1 week)
Caz attended the Australian Open of Surf in February 2012 and spent a week enjoying activities in Sydney on a blog trip hosted by Destination NSW.
Click to read posts highlighting Sydney as a travel destination.
Tourism Western Australia: Perth International Arts Festival and Margaret River Area (8 days)
Craig attended The Perth International Arts Festival in February 2012 and spent a week exploring Perth and the Margaret River area hosted by West Australian Tourism.
Click to read posts from his time in Western Australia
Tourism Authority of Thailand: Friendship to Friend Trip (1 week)
Caz attended the Friendship to Friend week long trip of Thailand in February 2012, celebrating a 60 year friendship between Thailand and Australia, hosted by Tourism Authority of Thailand. y Travel Blog was the only blog in represented amongst esteemed journalists.
Click to read posts from the Thailand trip
Discover Malaysia with Malaysian Airlines and Tourism Malaysia
In August, Caz went to Malaysia for five days with Malaysian Airlines and Tourism Malaysia to see the orangutans, snorkel around the islands in Sabah and to play in Kuual Lumpur. Read posts on the Discover Malaysia trip
Tourism Queensland / Gold Coast Tourism – Aust Youth Exchange
In December 2010, we spent three days on the Gold Coast in Queensland as part of the Australian Youth Exchange initiative highlighting it as a destination for the Youth Travel Market. We were hosted by Queensland Tourism and Gold Coast Tourism.
Click to read all articles written about our Gold Coast Experience
Gold Coast Tourism and Byron Bay Bluesfest (4 days)
We attended the Byron Bay Bluesfest in April 2011 for 5 days with exclusive media passes, and were again hosted by Gold Coast Tourism.
To read all articles highlighting the Byron Bay Bluesfest click here.
Malaysian Kitchen Blogging Ambassadors Programme (1 month)
We were asked to dine at four Malaysian restaurants in Sydney in order to highlight Malaysian cuisine as part of the Malaysian Kitchen initiative by the Malaysian government.
Click to read all posts written about the Malaysian Kitchen.
Reference from the campaign:
“Their enthusiastic and keen nature made working with them an absolute pleasure on this campaign. Always prompt with updates over the course of the two month program, Caz and Craig took this project on with a serious attitude toward delivering their best and always remained friendly and approachable. A perfect blogging duo – We look forward to collaborating with them again.”
- Melanie Vaz, Ogilvy 360 Digital Influence | Sydney
- Audio interview- y Travel blog corporate sponsorship Case Study- Mothers Love Letters
The Role of a Traveler and Life out of the Box - Sharing Travel Experiences
Work and Travel TV Interview Work and Travel TV
Random Traveller - No Place to Be travel blog
Teaching in London, Dublin, Thailand, Australia, Raleigh and Beyond – Teaching Traveling
Case Study with Rolf Potts Vagablogging
Teaching in ThailandTravel Bug Juice
Living and Working Abroad y travel blog style Travel Post
Expat Inspiration with Caz Makepeace Orangesplaash
Interview with Lash World Tour
Lucky 13 questions Go See Write
The Traveling Family Travel Wires
Aussie Couple Inspiring Travel Pocket Cultures
Travel Interview with y Travel blog Positive World Travel
Location Idependent Interview Jet Set Citizen
Meet the Nomads Flip Nomad
Global goose Interview Global Goose
Blog of the week E junkie
Caz dishes on being a mother and traveller: Trekity
Thursday Travellers: Caz and Craig of y travel blog A Dangerous Business
Travelling with children interview Our Oyster
Interview with y travel blog A Couple travelers
Backpacking interview with Backpacking Spirit
5 tips for travelling with kids Body and Soul
Interview on travel blogging with rtw travel guide
Are there any travel bloggers out there? with Somewhere or Bust
Interview with Divergent Travelers
How to turn your travel blog into a business Start Up Smart
Group travel chat with Tripeese
- I want to travel for the rest of my life with Just one way ticket
- Family travel expert interview Go Abroad