1. Deep down the essence of who we are as human beings is the same. This is all that matters. The outside differences are there to learn from and celebrate without fear.
2. There is absolute joy and wonder to be had in the simplest of moments: swinging in a hammock on the beach while watching the sunset over the horizon, for example.
3. Fulfillment comes from memorable moments and loving relationships, not material things. Savour life-changing experiences, chase those travel bucket list moments like seeing the Northern Lights or attend a Holi Festival in India. Those unforgettable moments are worth more than gold.
4. Negotiation, business transactions and even personal relationships should always be conducted with the mutual belief in it being a win-win result. Don’t try to haggle for the sake of it. Nothing good comes from being greedy.
5. A smile, a wave, and a friendly attitude can break down any barrier and create friendships where language isn’t understood.