Listen to the Podcast:
Subscribe to the Y Travel Podcast and LEAVE A REVIEW
Show Notes: Savannah, Georgia Stopover
It is a place we pop into frequently as a stopover on our road trips down to Florida. From Raleigh, it’s a great half way point. It’s a good stopover place because its quite close to the interstate.
Sometimes we consider Charleston, but it’s quite the detour away so it always makes better sense to go to Savannah.
We don’t do much when we’re there except roam around the river walk, explore the beautiful squares, and hopefully have a nice meal somewhere with views.
It was a little harder this time due to Rona, but at least we still had the beautiful outdoors to walk around in.
Those Savannah squares are something beautiful.
As our youngest, was named in part after Savannah, we really need to come back and explore it properly with them from a kid’s perspective.
Be sure to leave your comments below to let us know your favorite tips for a trip to Savannah.
RESOURCE LINKS + FURTHER READING
- Places to visit on an South East Coast road trip
- Things to do in Beaufort, South Carolina
- 14 Amazing things to do in Cedar Key, Florida
- Monticello, Florida – a charming Natural North Florida town
- Fun Airboat ride and kayak trip down the Wacissa River
- How to plan a road trip with kids and keep your sanity
- Our 18 month Australian road trip
The Beauty of Savannah
Our destination podcast episodes
- Charming family getaway to Beaufort
- Wrightsville Beach brings out Aussie nostalgia and lingo
- Broome and the Kimberley, our favorite region in Australia
- 13 Places in Utah no one tells you about
- Uganda – the most thrilling adventures in Africa