Going through the daily motions of a normal life I often find myself, mentally checking off yet another reason why travel around the world is such a great idea.
I’ll be faced with a mundane task and I’ll think
“See that’s another reason why you need to just travel cause you don’t have to do __________ ” (Fill in the blank)
I thought I’d put my notes to self down on paper and share why it’s a great idea to travel the world and leave the mundane behind.
- The most difficult decision of the day is often “What will I eat for breakfast?”
- I don’t have to wear high heels, opting instead for thongs, or flip flops, as non-Aussies call them, all day and every day.
- In non-Western countries, I can go for a night out in flip flops and sarongs and look perfectly normal.
- My clothes budget can be spent on clothes I want to wear, not on what my boss expects me to wear.
- I don’t have to scrub a toilet or a bath.
- I don’t have to maintain and keep a car.
- I don’t have to spend 5 days a week with people I’m not overly fond of.
- I don’t have to replace a broken blender.
- Monthly bills disappear
- My conversations revolve around more enriching topics than what someone ate for dinner last night, cubicle gossip, tragic news events, or depressing movies.
- I’m not rudely awakened by an alarm each morning, only by the gentle stroking of the sun’s arm.
- I spend more time using my feet to feel the beat of the day.
- I don’t feel obligated to attend functions, parties or buy strangers presents.
- I don’t accumulate piles of stuff.
- Every day is a Saturday, and if I feel like a drink, I don’t have to worry about saying no because it’s a ‘school night.’
- It’s okay to count a swim in the ocean as your bath for one day.
- I can learn about the world by being present in it, instead of second hand through a book or movie.
- I spend every minute of every day with my beautiful daughters, being the first to watch them learn something new, and raising them the way I choose.
- I get to laugh more – more time, less stress.
- 20 best travel tips learned from 20 years of traveling
- You can get more lessons from my FREE ebook – 20 life lessons learned from travel. How to live an empowered, joyful and connected life.
Pin to share