“Imagine if this had of happened when you were in Kuala Lumpur?”
Craig and I were chatting as I lay facing yet another surgery. Even though the surgery was not life-threatening, it was very worrying for me, I was in a lot of pain, and facing quite a slow recovery.
It would have been even more traumatic had Craig and my smiling girls not been with me.
It could have been a real possibility as I was lying in the hospital bed only two days after returning from the NAPBAS awards in Malaysia. If it happened two days earlier, I would have been in a hospital bed in Kuala Lumpur all alone and terrified.
There would be nothing worse than having to face surgery, alone, in a foreign country, or any medical emergency.
It was going through my nightmare hospital experience this Christmas in my own country that I understood the need for Emergency Assistance Plus ®
Emergency Assistance Plus ® makes sure that you would not have to suffer a medical emergency like this on your own. They would fly a loved one to be by your side, and that peace of mind and security is worth the small annual fee.
Because you just never know when a medical emergency may hit.
I’m fit and healthy, yet this week I still had to have two operations.
It’s hard to think of travel insurance as sexy, which is why we don’t want to buy it. The same goes for something extra, like Emergency Assistance Plus ®.
It’s money we are spending on something we are hoping we will never have to use. The “just in case” protection is something all travelers should have so they can enjoy their travels without ever having to worry about not being cared for in case an emergency may occur.
It’s just not worth it, and if you can’t’ afford protection like this well can you really afford to travel?
What is Emergency Assistance plus?
Emergency Assistance Plus ® is a program that goes beyond health and travel insurance, helping you handle medical emergencies. EA+ provides medical and travel assistance, by supplying travelers with emergency protection and services when they are away from home.
EA+® is an important stop-gap between what your medical plan covers and emergency expenses that most health and travel insurance plans never pay. They provide assistance with medical evacuation, medical assistance, and stepping in to help so you can focus on recovery instead of costs.
Emergency Assistance Plus ® is a group of networks providing customized medical, security and travel assistance to over 10 million travelers across the world.
If an emergency happens Emergency Assistance ® will come get you; take care of you; and get you, your companion and vehicle home.
What are the Benefits of Emergency Assistance Plus ®?
Their network delivers 32 medical assistance companies with response centers in 53 locations on 5 continents, and access to over 1, 500 ambulances throughout the world.
Members receive appropriate medical care, no matter their destination and are transported home in a safe and timely manner.
EA+ ® offers over 20 travel benefits that are invaluable during a crisis including
- Helicopter or ambulance medical evacuation
- Medical specialist sent to you if condition cannot be evaluated over the phone or you cannot move to local treatment.
- Transportation home
- Emergency medical monitoring
- Unlimited cash advance for medical payments
- Prescription replacement assistance
- Hotel room for recuperation if needed after a hospital stay
- Round trip ticket to bring a loved one to your bedside if traveling alone
- Airfare home for dependent children left unattended if you can’t care for them due to medical emergency
- Return of vehicle if you can’t drive back due to injury or illness
- Lost luggage assistance
- Passport and other important document replacement assistance
- Language interpretation service
- Security evacuation assistance helps you get out of a dangerous situation
What does it cost and How does it work?
If you are faced with an emergency, call the toll free number, available 24/7 and EA+® will take over from there. Just make sure that all family members are aware you have EA+ ® in case you are unable to communicate with medical personnel.
There is a 30 day no obligation money back guarantee examination period
I feel the small annual fee is a low cost for peace of mind and good benefits if you should be so unlucky to need it. I think it would be great for family and those traveling for extended periods of time.
Emergency Assistance Plus ® Giveaway
We have one single membership annual plan vlaued at $169 to giveaway to a lucky reader. The giveaway is open to US citizens only.
Please follow the steps to Enter
1. Leave a comment offering a tip for safe travels
2. For extra entries share this on facebook by clicking the “Like” button at bottom of this post and sign up to our newsletter
3. IMPORTANT: You must mention in the comment box that you have signed up to the newsletter or shared on facebook. This makes it so much easier for me to track and ensures that you get your extra entries.
4. Winners will be chosen randomly using random.org
5. Competition closes on January 16, 2011 at 10pm EST
This is a sponsored review. Many thanks to EA+ ® for the giveaway.